Steel decking profile of various shapes and width are used in PEBs. The formed structure bears more strength and can be easily fit with each other. They can be easily aligned with each other. The metal decks can bear high tensile loads. They can be used for the walls roofing’s and floorings of any warehouses, storage areas, factories, etc. They are cost effective than concrete structures and easily installing structure. Due to its light weight, transportation has become very easier.
MP – Steel Deck
MP-Steel Deck is a type of steel decking profile – one of its kind in India – at par with international standards of steel design and strength. This decking profile can be used as a composite floor system or as a permanent form work. It binds with concrete slab and together forms a part of the floor structure. The interlocking between the concrete and the floor deck occur by a system of embossment and ribs that are built into the deck, creating a reinforced concrete slab. This fast and simple installation using high strength product, gives immediate access to a working platform of permanent form and positive reinforcement.
Young’s Modulus = 200 GPa.
Deflection Limit = Span/150 (IS 800 – 2007).
The sheets should span over minimum four supports.
- Applied in composite RCC structures
- Ware houses & factories Roofings & base Flooring.
- Application for multi-storey building purposes
- Application in roofings for Electrical insulations
- Application for mounting Solar panels
1. The Metal decking is easy to install
2. The construction & installation is cost effective
3. Faster erection of these metal frames by maintaining the strength of the overall building structure.
4. Consumption of concrete is less
5. Flooring is stronger & the metal frame gives the extra strength to the cement slab.
6. Its strength to weight ratio becomes useful for the easy transport and speed ups the installation process.
7. Withstand high wind speeds as its formed structure gives high load bearing capacity.
8. Excellent space coverage is obtained
9. Light Weight – reduces weight of concrete floor by almost 50%
10. Economical – does not require additional support; reduces use of concrete; reduces slab thickness; savings in reinforcement steel
11. Time Saving – easy and rapid installation; no major reinforcement required
12. Multi-faceted – flooring, roofing or cladding, temporary or permanent shuttering, working platform during construction
13. Multi-use – widely used in multiple-storey buildings, shopping malls, super markets, storage facilities, mezzanines, bridges, walkways, platforms, warehouses, industrial sheds, control rooms
14. Aesthetic appeal – Offers internal polished look; available in every of colors; no need for internal plastering of roofs