MPIL’s steel structures feature in Indian airports in expressive, exposed and innovative ways. From primary load bearing mega-columns that hold up terminals, to connection aero-bridges, to hangars, our high quality surface treated structures abide with the most stringent international welding standards. Here we have showcased some of our highlight projects in airports for India’s top construction companies such as Eversendai Construction, L&T Group and Mumbai International Airport Limited.
Mumbai Airport’s Terminal Entrance
Steel Columns under fabrication at MPIL’s Plant
- 4500 Tons of structure supplied
- 32 Ton individual mega star columns
- High quality polyurethane finish paint
Dual Plan Hangar for Air India Planes with a Clear Span of 146 Meters at the Mumbai Airport Complex
This multifaceted dual plane hangar allows savings in space and efficiency in repair and maintenance times as it allows servicing for two planes at once. This has been made possible by creative use of steel to have a wide open hangar without any support columns in between.
- Dual-Plane Hangar for Air India
- 1200 Tons of structure supplied
- 146 meter clear span design
- Shot-blasting with three coats of primer and fire resistant epoxy paint
- SAW, SMAW, FCAW (as per AWS D1.1)
- 100% Ultrasonic and Radiographic Testing on complete pre-assembly in factory
Mumbai International Airport Aero Bridges
Eversendai Construction Pvt Ltd & L&T Construction
- Supply of 1500MT structure as a part of the ambitious expansion plan for the Mumbai International Airport.
- Complex fabrication featuring protruding stubs and splices additionally welded.
- Single structural elements with varying surface treatment and paint applications.